What construction calculators do you use?

Hello all!

We are in the process of adding to our construction calculator library and would like your feedback on what construction calculators you use most. These will be included with the ROCK app and allow you to use measurements that you capture without having to re-enter them! We are happy to make any and all that are useful so your feedback appreciated for initial ones and ones we release and add every 2 weeks!

Let us know for a chance to get free products, swag, promo codes, and stickers!

Wouldn’t it be more to the point to send out the items that we paid for and are over a year late? Honestly I want what I paid for. The software might be cool later

6 Likes

A calculator for stairs and stair stringers would be great!

2 Likes

Hey Mark, we already started shipping and the speed is limited by how many we can make per day. While this has the full and total attention of our manufacturing team, the software team is completely independent and making sure we have a highly functional app when everyone gets their T1s!

1 Like

Absolutely, what do you use now to calculate stairs and related?

As of right now at least for me and why I do for work. Without putting it to use in the mines I have no idea how it could be pre-improved on anything for that matter. Having settings for different professions or just keep it basic.
I do agree with that one guy that said we need them shipped to us first before coming up with any improvements digitally or otherwise but I can only speak for myself.
Anxious
Lu stoked to get the product though.

2 Likes

Might be a lot to do but for the plumbing if you can add the basic functions similar to the pipe trades pro calculator that would help a lot….even better might be a stretch if we can add a catalog for pipe fitting take-offs for example a 2 inch cast iron hubless 1/4 bend is 4-1/4” it could save time for layout & individual cut pieces for example if I measure from the end of my pipe its 8’ to the center of the turn we can enter that into the calculator with the take off of a 1/4 bend we’ll get are cut piece of 7’-7 3/4”. I always catch myself measuring take offs for fittings that I don’t use often but it can help for larger layouts which maybe in the future can be drawn in the app

1 Like

Hi, I work in the Pallet and Crate industry a construction calculator for calculating cubic metres and volumes would be great.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this helps, but what our carpenters use a lot is the Fraction Calculator Plus since it has a very intuitive way to compute fractional values. This might be more related to the calculator input interface than anything else.

1 Like

Construction Master 5! It does that I need for most everything.

1 Like

What about a concrete calculator, for slabs, holes, footing, steps, columns
Also how many 20kg bag required or sqm of premix, plus cost per bag or sqm or premix concrete

1 Like

for calculating volume of concrete needed for each shape/object your making?

1 Like

I have several Calculated Industries calculators. I also have their app on my phone.

Correct.

I build retaining walls and depending on wall height the holes are different depths, whats out of the ground is in the ground +200mm, eg a 1 metre high wall the hole depth will be 1200mm, a 1200mm wall height will have 1400mm holes.
Holes are the same width 450mm, I’ve attached a couple of screen shots of the current one I’m using

Cheers
Mark

1 Like

I use the Construction Master Pro app and I still have an actual Construction Master 5 (I think) calculator.

1 Like

I wish there was an easy way to calculate the number of ceiling panels you use in ceilings (there are many different measurements and shapes of these panels and sometimes you have to divide them correctly so that the strips in the ceiling fit without one track hitting right on list). It would be very nice to see the room in 3d or 2d and i can add celing and have a look on the app how its would fit :sweat_smile:(sorry for bad english)

1 Like

do you have pictures of the kinds of ceiling tiles that you use?

1 Like

Unfortunately i am still using the construction master 2 by calculated industries. It has been a workhorse for me but no but so i don’t see a way to incorporate into your system. Looking forward to getting my T1.

1 Like

We have every function in our app as well, the idea is that instead of entering measurements, you can use them directly from your T1 or cut list. Also, you can place them over a more helpful diagram then having to memorize the order of operations. See below for some examples and let us know if there are some we should prioritize (ignore the values as some are just mockups for screenshots).

2 Likes

I dont know what its the called in english but in Norway we use * Skyggepanel* its a mdf plate and we have to sometimes splitt the start plate so it fits on the last plate :slightly_smiling_face: