Here’s some initial app feedback from me, interested to see if other folks agree/disagree?
iPhone App – iPhone
• Hard to manipulate scale of project photos (aspect ratios) – to achieve desired photo –
e.g., looking to enhance Amazon product and wanted to take photo of Amazon photo
(with measurements) – could not get aspect ratio to function properly or not cut off
• Jumping from project A → B difficult, — I eagerly wanted to record measurements but could not get fully through the QSG, just wanted to measure items and see interplay (transfer) to phone – could measurements be exportable (e.g., json) for loading elsewhere? For example,
measuring and then transferring measurements to Fusion360, Solidworks,
• Visual distinction of blue projects overlaid with black background — need more visual
distinctions – I could see inside and well lit, imaging construction site or framed out
building being difficult (but I am also not the right tester)
• Font separation on e-paper with all-caps and close letter spacing is difficult to move
quickly/read quickly – being able to visually differentiate characters can be hard –
compare on left/right below
- Is “toggle” necessary text?
- Could text be shorter/single-line – e.g. “INSIDE / OUT” or “ABS. / REL”
• Photo icon when using (+) button (for object) auto-goes to camera rather than “Capture…
(or library) …” – synonymous w/ capture/upload, had to click cancel on camera to get to
library (only phone photos, cannot point to OneDrive, File Explorer etc.
• Cannot refine image parameters (aspect ratio of object — size & zoom)
• Auto-photo name too long to back-out, should auto-erase when clicked
• Some pages require “Save” versus auto-save (object to project attribution) – should be
louder within the app
• Buttons to capture measurement (T1 → App) to many, difficult to work amongst
computer, phone and device – auto-sync via Bluetooth?
• Default measurements on T1 could offer 1/8”
• Getting measurement on T1 to screen or e-paper to iPhone and to object or project
attribution confusing and sometimes can take too long