Calibration after Firmware update

I updated the firmware in my tape measure and afterwards it wanted to recalibrate the tape pulling it to exactly 1,2,3,4, and then 276 inches… I did my best but I’m wondering why it needs to be calibrated?? How can I be more precise when doing this and can it mess things up if I’m not perfect about it?? Thanks!

Hello! The setup process is more of a matching process than calibration. This ensures the digital reading matches the analog markings on the tape measure. You can see more details and a full video here too - https://support.reekon.tools/hc/en-us/articles/18037612181780-Blade-Setup-Calibration-T1-Tomahawk

Thanks! Slightly off-topic, the last inch of the blade has developed a little wave where the blade lock presses on it right behind the end hook. I thought maybe that was throwing off the calibration. Should I be concerned about this? I haven’t really used the tape that much but it’s about to get a lot of use in my home renovation and I will need consistency in my measurements. Thanks again!!

Hello, the calibration is optical based so it should not have any effect if the blade setup was fully performed!