Optical reader replacement required

Got the T1 after a 2 year wait. Switched out the tape to an english/metric bought with the package. Followed included instructions, and watched tutorial video.

Display now says "optical reader replacement required.

What now?

Hello! Please send an email to our support team at contact@reekon.tools and we would be happy to help!

Hello there, this is the message I posted on the forum, I’d appreciate help, thanks👍

[Got the T1 after a 2 year wait. Switched out the tape to an english/metric bought with the package. Followed included instructions, and watched tutorial video.

Display now says "optical reader replacement required.

What now?]

Allen Cornwell
5931 Grizzly Way, Fontana, CA 92336
909-214-2023 text/voice

1 Like

Hello Allen! Please send an email to our support team at contact@reekon.tools and we would be happy to help!

1 Like

Getting the same message on my tape. I’ve only had the tape measure for a few weeks so I’m assuming that it will be covered under warranty. I’ve yet to hear back from support

I would also like to add that I tried reinstalling the software and I’m selecting the correct blade and so forth. Also tried cleaning the sensor according to the instructions on the forum

Hello, please send us an email at contact@reekon.tools and we would be happy to take a look or send a replacement if needed!

I sent an email using the contact form on the website 4 days ago. Is that the same thing?

It should be, someone will be answering soon, thanks!