P1L Feature Request

Starting this thread for any features or label request options for the P1L Tagger Printer. Please share your suggestions below and will help us form our future roadmap for P1L features!

I would like to see plain text printing. As of yet, i haven’t found a way to accomplish this.

1 Like

Id like to place a name, not a logo or photo in the heading, much like the REEKON logo, but what ever i want, like a purchase order number or invoice number or even a street address, also I’d like to print without QR codes, would be nice if you could write something where the QR codes print, e.g steel length and dimensions and grade. Say its stainless steel 316 or 308, 305, in short make it like a nomal printer.

2 Likes

Hi Mark. you can make a “Sketch” and write or layout whatever you want on it for a free form canvas.

1 Like

Is Canvas in the app, if so where?
In printing there are only 3 options, QR generator, quad QR generator or image.
Would be nice if there was more options in printing.

On the home page, select “Objects”. Underneath that, there’s a lot of options to choose from. Select “sketches” (I’ve circled it in the pic)

2 Likes

When the test printout is performed, the printout time is printed. When I checked today, there is a lot of time difference from where I am now. Is there any way to change from P1L to the current time zone?

Hello, this is an internal clock and doesnt have any impact outside of the print test to any other labels

1 Like

Can only print one measurement but for my trade I need area measurements. Would love to see that be an option to print. I use the tomahawk to measure windows for window film. It’s been great as I use photos with measurements that I transfer later to my quote tool. The printer would be awesome if I could include for example 22” x 44” on the label. I need width and height.

1 Like

Thanks Greg, this feature is on the list for an upcoming release!

Well then, I guess that’s that’s! Can’t wait to get it! I will let everybody in my industry know once it’s available

1 Like

During the Kickstarter and even currently on the support page it shows labels printed with options outside of the simple measurement , QR code, and image that are only currently available such as:

1. Home depot link with Icon of tapcon, homedepot logo, and tapcon size
  2. Warning icon and the word warning
  3. Google sheets logo with text “Status Tracking Sheet”
  4. Custom text above and below the QR code
  5. Text labels with a actual title where the Reekon logo is or QR code labels
  6. and even an example with “ISS-09122” bold in a box followed by smaller text under it and then a QR code
  7. Having the title of a note print in bold at the top

It seems that most of the features that were advertised on the Kickstarter are no where to be found. Is it planned to have all of those included at some point? If not would it be possible to get those added to the feature request list?
Like the home depot tag I mention there are images showing it being setup in the app for printing but that is no where to be found.
I understand under sketch feature it’s somewhat possible (but not for all options) but on a phone doing such things is very cumbersome due to the small screen making some next to impossible. Also with very limited shape features.

If there was an option to create custom labels templates like calculators and forms that would be amazing.
Having it work something along the lines of having a grid 5 down 3 wide for example (for the 30mmx50mm labels) and being able to control the input fields(aka what type of data is accepted in each box). For example you merge the top three boxes then select image input for a logo or text input field for simple text. Then the 3x3 middle merged and set that to either include a image, text, QR code, or a measurement that’s saved. I feel this would add incredible flexibility and make the printer much more powerful.

Last feature request would be the option to specify the label size for custom length labels. Such as 40x50mm, 50x50mm, 20x50mm(great size for potential wire wrap to help electricians leave labels for the other trades to know what’s meant for them). Feel this would greatly expand the potential of the printer

9 Likes

I’d like to see a batch print and folder upload. For example, I generate a folder that is populated with images, where each image gives all the relevant info for a cut. I would like to import that folder and then print each image on a separate label.

I don’t see any other way to generate QR-free labels that look like some of the ones shown on the kickstarter example page other than making an image.

2 Likes

It would be great is there were some type of case for the P1 that could also hold some rolls

1 Like

Ditto - this was an important sales point when deciding to back/purchase this product.

A collection of predefined labels would be nice. Especially when it is not possible easily generate labels mentioned on https://www.reekon.tools/p1l-tagger under “Generate Custom Labels”.

For example labels inspection, like oil change or pressurization of an expansion vessel, with value and current date and next inspection date. - value could be added during printing, current date automatically inserted and next date automatically updated based on selected interval.

2 Likes

And another thing - since this printer can be connected via USB do we have printer drivers? I would like to add it to my CUPS print server. OR mit might work with some raw protocol like my other printers (some can accept pdf sent directly to /dev/usb/lp0, or ZPL, or some other raster format).

While printer is connected to power via USB why it goes to sleep? I want to keep it powered as all my other label printers. I hope the device supports OTA or at least flashing via USB.

Edit: It looks like even it is only showing charging icon the printer is still connected and it is working just fine.

Some form off inventory function directly in the app, like having a container with shelves and being able to keep track off stock/inventory.

1 Like

It has probably already been answered, but in iOS 18 if I am in an area I can press the + button bottom center and the menu pops up. Select printing. I have 4 choices. QR code Quad QR code image and tex