T1 Tomahawk Keyboard Emulation - HID Keyboard

Hello all! We are excited to share that Keyboard Emulation is now available for testing on the T1 Tomahawk! Keyboard Emulation allows the T1 to appear as a HID keyboard and connect directly to any bluetooth enabled device. When the save button is selected on the T1 Tomahawk, measurements are sent over in the units displayed on the screen along with the enter key to advance to the next field.

You can sign up to try out the feature here - https://forms.gle/tr7HQ6LVHrNNGUpu7

Learn more about the feature here - https://support.reekon.tools/hc/en-us/articles/20026126134292-T1-Tomahawk-Emulating-an-HID-Keyboard-Over-Bluetooth

3 Likes

Hi Derrick, I would love to test the function!

Awesome, sign up at the link above and well be sharing the update in about a week!

submitted request. Please can you add me in to this as it’s a feature I asked for as a critical addition. This tape has to be my eyes for digital measurement, so it can interface with spoken equipment like my mac, iphone / ipad with other assistive technologies and tools / software for design and data management of measurement.

Hello all, everyone who filled out the above form should now have access to the new beta firmware (0.6.1) which includes keyboard emulation and encoder improvements!

Hi Derrick,

I tested the Bluetooth function with my MS Surface, together with my Leica Disto and found the optimal solution with this combination.

Now I am glad with my T1!
Kind regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, glad to hear it! What are you using each for and what program are you importing into?

Hi Derrick,
I am an architect and work together with my wife, she is an interior designer.
Often we have to measure existing buildings/rooms on the basis of old plans or on the basis of photos, for the details.
I work with a Software called Imagemeter to take the measurements without pencil and paper.
The combination of the T1 tapemeasure with a bluetooth laser and with a digital calibre ist our setup,
to measure inside measures, outside measures and diameters precisely and without mistakes while transferring the measures to a plan by hand.
Again: We are glad to use your product!
Sebastian

1 Like

Thanks Sebastian, glad to hear it and look forward to any further feedback you have!