Internal measuring mistake

Hei, I have noticed that the internal measuring is off by ca 2mm. It’s quite problematic when measuring finishing materials and we are aiming for 0,5mm clearance. On my everyday I’m using hultafors class 1 tape, and I found T1 is quite accurate to that tape, but internal measuring is between 2 to 3 mm off no matter how hard i will try.

Tape was calibrated straight after unboxing after firmware update.

I have blade B: T1-E2725-B
Firmware 0.4.9
RKN-T1-002-1
SusiePademelon

Hello, do you have an image of how you are capturing internal measurements? is the blade tip pushed in or extended?

Hei, tip is pushed, as I do with other measuring tapes.
I will provide some pictures tomorrow

1 Like

I thought i was the only one, i also measured the tool with the tape fully retracted, from the tape end to the yellow tip at the back of the tool, and got 167mm, while the display is showing 165mm.

Hello1 This is the correct value for this measurement as the body is exactly 165mm wide. The 2mm tip is accounted for with the movement the tip has (you can see it slides back and forth). To properly see this, we recommend extended a few inches of tape and ensuring the tip is pushed in as this makes it much easier to see.

When the tape is fully retracted, it is measuring from the inside of the tape hook (not the outside) making 165mm the correct value. When extended measuring and internal surface, it is expected that the tape tip is pushed in (as is standard on almost every tape measure)

The article below also explains the above in more depth - https://support.reekon.tools/hc/en-us/articles/26205711563540-Understanding-Internal-Measurement-Accuracy