Is there a way to completely turn off the T1

I haven’t found a way to shut the T1 off completely. I found that if I hold the laser power button the top display will turn off, but the side display stays on. Its been on my desk for 2 hours now and the side display is still on. Does this stay on during sleep mode? Seems the battery would last longer if there was a way to completely turn off the device. Did I miss something?

Thanks for finally getting this to me by the way, I’ve already went through several projects I could have used this for. looking forward to future uses.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for reaching out! Holding the power button for 5 seconds puts the tool in sleep mode. The side screen uses no power to stay on which is a cool feature of e-paper (you can pull out the battery to see this as well)!

2 Likes

Now that is a very cool idea… Thanks

1 Like

I’m sorry, but you didn’t answer Yellow-Jacket’s question. Is there a way to turn the T1 completely off? Putting it into standby will still drain the battery faster than if it is completely off. If there isn’t a way to turn it off completely that is a major oversight. I will not be using my T1 (if I ever get it) every day or even every week & I’d like for it to be available without having to re-charge it every time when I do use it. What an inconvenience!

Hello, the T1 stays in standby mode for 6 hours before turning off completely so that it can be reactivated quickly when needed. Sleep mode draws minimal power so it does not significantly affect battery life. We recommend removing the battery completely if not using for longer periods of time.

1 Like

He said it indirectly, but I think he already answered it. T1 doesn’t seem to have any way to shut it down completely except to remove the battery. Whether it’s a frequent user or intermittent user, it does seem pretty uncomfortable.

If any of your units are like mine it will die every day… Get used to keeping it on the charger.

Mine might be like yours, 2 days no use, battery is dead. I guess I’ll be taking the battery out when not using it.

Would be nice to have a battery indicator while charging also.

1 Like

When I was running 4.9 firmware I could hold the power button and the bars on the epaper battery icon would disappear and no matter what I did like pull the tape out and hit buttons the t1 was completely off. Now that I’m running 5.2 beta the bars on the battery icon stay no matter what and I can only get sleep mode. I pray this is fixed soon. Would be nice to have a power down option in the menu to be certain the t1 is off and not in sleep mode.

Holding the power button using firmware version 0.5.2 turns off the T1 completely.

1 Like